Jobs at Ranken
Ranken Technical College has been helping students experience success for 100 years. Ranken is more than a college, it’s an experience that provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to launch and maintain successful careers. The College’s three-pronged approach to teaching – hands-on technical experience, general education and professionalism – gives our students the competitive edge, proven by our excellent job placement rate.
Jobs Available at Ranken
Admissions Representative - North Illinois Territory
Responsible for recruiting high school students in the North Illinois territory to ensure enrollment efforts fill classes and generate revenue.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of an integrated recruitment effort, focusing on high school students in the North Illinois territory.
- Assist in the planning of all high school recruitment activities.
- Assist in enrolling students.
- Valid driver’s license will be verified.
- This is a 10-month position (paid on 12-month schedule) with benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, sales, or business; master’s degree preferred.
- Sales experience required; two to three years of experience in college admissions, recruiting, or student services activities preferred.
- Knowledge of higher level education.
- Good organizational skills, computer skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent persuasion skills to influence outcomes.
- Evening and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in recruiting functions.
Information Services Support Technician
Responsibilities: Provides technical support via telephone, email, and in person for the College by answering Help Desk calls, performing installations, troubleshooting, and ensuring correct configurations and software support for the entire campus.
- Identifies and resolves hardware and software problems to ensure effective and timely problem resolution, including initial documentation and troubleshooting until calls are resolved (Track-IT). Keeps users and other technical staff informed until issues are resolved.
- Administers and manages the installation and upgrade of all client applications including lab software installs, upgrades, and patches. Ensures all computer labs are functional and presentable.
- Monitors and reports potential campus network, computer policy, and computer security related issues.
- Performs basic installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and software.
- Ensures all campus systems are protected from virus, malware, and intrusion.
- Completes laptop support which includes installation, configuration, and repair.
- Completes cabling installation and provides maintenance and support for entire campus.
- Performs special equipment set ups for campus events.
- Directs student workers to ensure they are completing work orders timely and satisfactorily.
- Develops documentation for troubleshooting procedures, checklists, and guidelines to ensure consistent application of standards. Documents errors and monitors frequent or recurring problems to identify needs.
- Prioritizes work and monitors timely resolutions to best meet user needs.
- Associate degree in computer technology.
- Completion of certificate program in Computer Technology, A+ Certification; MCP (Microsoft OS and Office), CCNA preferred.
- One to three years of hands-on experience in PC hardware, installation, configuration and troubleshooting; also in Operating System and Office productive software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting; network experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and prioritization/time management skills.
Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to complete job functions and to participate in campus recruiting functions.
Administrative Assistant – Financial Aid Office
Responsibilities: Serves as the assistant for the Financial Aid office, provides assistance, and ensures a smooth-running office.
- General Administrative Duties: Answers phones, greets visitors, files, copies, faxes, scans, etc.
- Correspondence: Composes correspondence to faculty, staff and students when necessary.
- Additional Duties: Assists team members with projects and campus events.
- Superior customer service skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, in writing, over the telephone, and via e-mail.
- Ability to assist prospective and enrolled students, parents, college staff, instructors, and all other individuals in a professional, confidential, and respectful manner.
- Ability to work as a team member and to display a positive mental attitude.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to quickly master computer applications.
- Ability to perform general office duties.
- Ability to multi-task; excellent organizational and time management skills; accuracy and attention to details are important.
- Associate degree with five years of responsible administrative assistant or office management experience.
- Experience working in a student financial aid area preferred.
Occasional weekend hours may be required for some events.
Electrical Automation Technology Instructor
- Teaching Power Distribution, Motors and Drives coursework, classroom management, and curriculum development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Practical work experience in the following electrical subject areas:
- Single and three-phase power distribution (below 600V).
- DC and three-phase induction motors, controls and VFDs.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Working knowledge of applying the NEC in the above areas.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Teaching experience desirable.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor
Ranken Technical College has a wide variety of adjunct instructor positions available for upcoming semesters. Adjunct instructors are part-time teachers for day and/or evening school classes who are paid on a contractual basis per semester. Adjunct faculty members bring valuable knowledge, industry experience, and diversity to the classroom. Many instructors have full-time jobs elsewhere or are retired trade and business professionals. They choose to teach because they find it rewarding to interact with students, help direct the future of their careers, and give back to the community.
Education requirements vary and to teach occupational/technical courses, faculty members must have the minimum credentials required to work in that field and relevant work experience. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are needed along with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- General Education subjects requiring a master’s degree: Math, Science, English Composition, Communications, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Literacy, Business;
- Technical Education subjects requiring an associate degree: Automotive Maintenance, Automotive Collision Repair, High Performance Racing, Architectural, Carpentry, Heating and Cooling, Major Appliance Repair, Plumbing, Electrical, Information Technology, Mechanical Maintenance, and Machining Technology.
If you wish to be part of a proud tradition of excellence in education, send your cover letter noting the position for which you are applying and your resume with salary history to Human Resources at Ranken Technical College. EOE
Attn: Human Resources