Jobs at Ranken
Ranken Technical College has been helping students experience success for 100 years. Ranken is more than a college, it’s an experience that provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to launch and maintain successful careers. The College’s three-pronged approach to teaching – hands-on technical experience, general education and professionalism – gives our students the competitive edge, proven by our excellent job placement rate.
Jobs Available at Ranken
Admissions Counselor (Wentzville)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Admissions Counselor at our new Ranken Technical College Wentzville location. Reporting to the Site Director, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students to Ranken Technical College Wentzville to generate interest in Ranken and ultimately fill classes.
- Implements student recruitment and enrollment activities at Ranken Technical College Wentzville including attending and hosting job fairs and open houses.
- Plans high school recruitment activities to generate leads to funnel the pipeline.
- Conducts follow-up calls, sends correspondence, and visits with potential students to hold and increase their interest towards enrollment.
- Coordinates the admissions process and assists student applicants ready to enroll in the school.
- Counsels potential and current students on available financial aid and helps with completion of paperwork.
- Performs enrollment and registration duties for Wentzville students and works in conjunction with Academic Advising at main campus to assist students with scheduling. Performs degree audits, monitors test results and transfer credits, and processes course adds/drops. Maintains student academic records.
- Enters data for new students and creates enrollment reports.
- Meets with students who have been referred by their instructor for attendance or academic issues and generates referral success plans with these students.
- Increases awareness of Ranken to businesses throughout the territory. Builds relationships with business representatives to determine their future hiring needs and establish Ranken’s educational programs as a source of graduates prepared to meet their workforce needs.
- Performs other duties as needed to ensure smooth day-to-day operations at Ranken Technical College Wentzville.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, or educational administration; master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in college admissions, recruiting, or student services activities. Knowledge of academic advising and financial aid preferred.
- Knowledge of higher level education. Knowledge of FERPA in relation to student records.
- Good organizational skills, computer skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, follow through, and excellent persuasion skills to influence outcomes. Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records.
- Valid driver’s license will be verified.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in campus recruiting functions.
Electrical Automation Technology Instructor
- Teaching Power Distribution, Motors and Drives coursework, classroom management, and curriculum development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Practical work experience in the following electrical subject areas:
- Single and three-phase power distribution (below 600V).
- DC and three-phase induction motors, controls and VFDs.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Working knowledge of applying the NEC in the above areas.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Teaching experience desirable.
Industrial Maintenance Workforce Development Specialist
Ranken’s dynamic Industrial Maintenance Program is in search of a person to provide training solutions for a wide variety of industrial maintenance subject matter. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering industrial maintenance curriculum to meet the needs of the industrial maintenance industry. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in overall industrial maintenance subject matter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with companies to assess industrial training needs and creates training proposals to meet those needs.
- Conducts classes and seminars.
- Completes documentation and reports on program Instruction.
- Assists with industrial maintenance training classes.
- Shares in department-related responsibilities.
- Involves day, evening, and possible weekend work with occasional travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Understands and applies all trade-related safety procedures (LOTO).
- Identifies and explains the use of common tools and various measuring instruments.
- Identifies and operates different types of fittings, connections, gaskets (Tri-Clover, Compression and quick connects).
- Understands chain drives, sprockets, uses and sizes.
- Understands V-belts.
- Understands gear boxes.
- Performs chain and V-belt alignment.
- Understands lubricants and lubrication systems.
- Understands and performs set-up and tear-down procedures.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Post-secondary / adult teaching experience desirable.
- NOTE: A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor
Ranken Technical College has a wide variety of adjunct instructor positions available for upcoming semesters. Adjunct instructors are part-time teachers for day and/or evening school classes who are paid on a contractual basis per semester. Adjunct faculty members bring valuable knowledge, industry experience, and diversity to the classroom. Many instructors have full-time jobs elsewhere or are retired trade and business professionals. They choose to teach because they find it rewarding to interact with students, help direct the future of their careers, and give back to the community.
Education requirements vary and to teach occupational/technical courses, faculty members must have the minimum credentials required to work in that field and relevant work experience. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are needed along with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- General Education subjects requiring a master’s degree: Math, Science, English Composition, Communications, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Literacy, Business;
- Technical Education subjects requiring an associate degree: Automotive Maintenance, Automotive Collision Repair, High Performance Racing, Architectural, Carpentry, Heating and Cooling, Major Appliance Repair, Plumbing, Electrical, Information Technology, Mechanical Maintenance, and Machining Technology.
If you wish to be part of a proud tradition of excellence in education, send your cover letter noting the position for which you are applying and your resume with salary history to Human Resources at Ranken Technical College. EOE
Attn: Human Resources